Mad Monkey Hostels are Southeast Asia’s leading hostel operator born in Cambodia with more properties in Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, Laos, and the Philippines.
With plans to further expand our operations in and beyond Southeast Asia over the next three to five years, we aim to be the leading socially responsible hostel company by the number of beds worldwide.
We’re looking for someone with a shared passion and vision for developing us as a global leader in socially responsible travel and tourism, that positively leads our industry to a more sustainable and responsible future.
How to work at Mad Monkey:
- You know what it takes to go from a high growth business to a publicly listed company and you can drive that agenda through technology.
- You inspire your team through strong leadership skills, imparting knowledge and setting them up for success.
- You set up foolproof policies and procedures and introduce them to the business.
- You recruit amazing teams.
- You are highly organised and a solid communicator, with high attention to detail.
- Flexible, incredibly motivated, and always delivers, with a sense of humour.
- You create ideas for streamlining processes and controlling costs.
- You report to The CTO and share your Monkey Magic ideas and work with the Mad Monkey Executive team.
We are looking for someone who…
Has worked with growing businesses and understands continuous improvement. Someone who is inspirational, excited about building great products, and being a Mad Monkey.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and roll-out awesome software products at the centre of the company’s vision and strategy.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Proven work experience as a full stack developer and team lead.
- Knowledge of Full stack development (backend, frontend, infra and agile development)
- Proven ability to develop products and effectively communicate recommendations at a senior level.
- Solid technical background with experience in software development web technologies.
- Design thinking for product inventions and enhancements.
- Hospitality and start-up experience would be considered an advantage.
- You have a degree — MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred. Or equivalent registered qualifications with a proven track record with projects at a similar level.
- You have project experience managing sizeable web and app products at senior development or team lead at a Series B+ Internet or software company.
- You have worked on web and app products in a similar context; startup or fast-growth business.
- Intuitive understanding of customer behavior and ability to translate into product requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills and comfortable with data.
- Possess an engaging entrepreneurial spirit.
- A visionary — you are already bursting with ideas to share with us.
- Outgoing and confident personality — backs up decisions with facts.
- Can manage, delegate and work under pressure.
- Super communicative, resilient and dynamic.
- Exemplary organisation skills and ability to work at a fast pace.
And in return?
- Comfortable salary plus an obtainable bonus component based on meeting prior agreed KPIs.
- Autonomy to create your and your team’s success.
- Opportunity to work and apply yourself in a developing international market.
- The opportunity to work in an inclusive, entrepreneurial, global company.
- Working in an amazing team environment with fantastic vibes and lots of positive Monkey energy, with other like-minded and talented people who challenge you every day.
- Social events, gatherings and parties.
- 50% discount on all food and beverage at Mad Monkey hostels.
- Annual medical cover.
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]