Mad Monkey Kampot
How To Get To Our Hostel
Mad Monkey Kampot is conveniently located near the Riverside in Kampot, Cambodia. Our hostel is about a 10 minute walk from the centre of town.
Most backpackers will arrive in Kampot by bus. Buses bound for Kampot depart regularly from Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Sihanoukville (Cambodia), and Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam). Different bus companies drop off passengers in different parts of the town centre. Wherever you are, though, you won’t be far from a tuk-tuk. The tuk-tuk drivers in Kampot know ‘Mad Monkey’ and will be able to bring you to us, no problem! The ride should cost about $2 depending on where you’re coming from and how many people are with you.
We recommend taking a tuk-tuk because it supports the local drivers and makes your life a lot easier. If you prefer to walk, though, the most straightforward directions are:
- Find your way down to the path along the river’s edge
- When you’re facing the water, turn left
- Follow the river slightly past the town centre
- You’ll see a fork in the road with a large statue that looks like this:
- Take the road to the left and continue about 200m – Mad Monkey is the large building with the pool on your left! You’ll see our sign out front:
Riverside Road, Krong Kampot, Cambodia
+855 96 872 9525